Monday 13 October 2014

Tartan you say?


Tartan,
 

I bloody love the stuff; this was not always the case as my secondary school uniform involved a tartan skirt which consequently meant that I stayed clear of anything remotely resembling tartan. However recently, with many years passing between my secondary school days and the present day, I have slowly come round to the whole tartan trend, and now, it’s my thing.

As the autumn kicks in, it gives us an excuse to layer up, and dig out our scarves, hats and gloves. This year I feel that tartan is the ultimate way to layer up. It gives a little flare to any plain piece of clothing without being too ‘out there’. 

Loads of high-street shops are selling various different tartans this year that would go with various different outfits you lovelies may be piecing together. That’s another thing, tartan is not just resigned to one gender, it can be worn by all. So, you’ve got no excuse ladies and gents.

It’s going to be a key item this autumn, and doesn’t need to be kept to clothing. Tartan blankets are amazing too. You can get them from The Works- (yes I do mean the book shop)for £2.99 or if you’re feeling a bit more flush, the National Trust shop sell them too for around £15 and they are made from recycled materials.

It’s time to embrace the cold, and get your tartan on.

No comments:

Post a Comment