Tuesday 25 November 2014

Running Wear... ALL THE LYCRA



So in the last few months I’ve really taken to running, because of that I have spent a FORTUNE on running gear.

What I want to ask is why is it so expensive, and why is it all practically the same!? I understand that there is “sports technology” involved in some of the items, which I hope is why they are so expensive. But the items that are the “basics” shall we say, seem to have no specific reason to validate the cost. So is there an alternative? Does all of this sports- technology- hoopla actually mean anything? Or do we just wear these items because it’s a given to the sport? I don’t actually know the answer to this- so I would love to hear from you lovelies! Do you think that running sportswear is effective, or just another con? Let me know!

I get the whole reflective aspect- be seen people. However things like “running gloves” what makes them so different to your standard gloves eh? The same with ear warmers and socks- really? Socks people, socks.

I would like to point out that there are places that you can buy discounted running items that, in my experience have been worth the money. For example, (if you’re into brands) TK Maxx or Sports Direct is great, and for those of you who don’t really care; I’ve found that Aldi’s stuff can be pretty awesome too!

 



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree that active wear comes in various varieties and fabrics but Lycra is my all-time favourite. It is stretchable and flexible. I prefer buying my work out clothes in Lycra only. Most of my workout clothing comes from Carbon38.com.

    ReplyDelete